To establish a world-class advanced engineering centre for research, education and training facility in Telematics to produce manpower of high relevance to Indian industries
CORE shall strive
Produce world class manpower of high relevance to Indian industry/organizations.
Realize the excellent infrastructure, excellent faculty, excellent students and excellent placements of students through the CORE.
Be an internationally acclaimed centre of excellence through the CORE.
Be an example of real working industry-academic linkage.
Be an innovation backyard for industries.
Description of Activities
Creation of infrastructural facility for housing the CORE.
Establishment of world class laboratories with the state-of-art equipment in the area of Telematics.
Offering academic programmes in the area of Telematics.
Conducting of training & continuing education programmes with the help of industry expertise and academia from institutes of higher learning and existing related COREs.
Undertaking Research, Industrial Projects, Testing & Consultancy and Product development
Tifac-core in Telematics
Is a collaborative effort of TIFAC (representing government), VR Siddhartha Engineering College and industries in the domain of Telematics. The industry partners in this unique venture characterized by both public-private partnership and industry-academia interaction include
• Agilent Technologies India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
• National Instruments Systems India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
• Advanced Digital Microsystems, Mumbai
• Optima Technologies & Consultants, Hyderabad
• Efftronics Systems Pvt. Ltd., Vijayawada
• Linkwell Tele systems Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
• FutureTech Instruments Pvt. Ltd , Secunderabad
• Opal-RT Technologies Inc, Bangalore
• Electronic Industries Association of AP
• Vi Micro Systems Pvt., Ltd, Chennai
• Falcon Electro Tech Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore
• Scientech Technologies Pvt.,Ltd, Indore
• E Tech Automation Pvt. Ltd, Guntur
• Texas Instruments (India) Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore
TIFAC-CORE would be open to industries in Telematics becoming partners as the project progresses. The centre was launched on 1st February, 2009.